Thursday, August 21, 2008

been a while

I know, I know, but since nobody is actually reading this except me, it's starting to take on a diary feel. Guess it's time to actually make folks aware of the blog.

Since I'm just ignorant enough to think some folks might really read this, I'm trying to add some recurring sections. I'll work hard to avoid one where I slam "Neckbeard the Pirate" or whatever we're calling Kyle Orton these days. Not that I'm bitter over the embarrassing plunge into oblivion of Da Bears...anyway, back to running.

Had a GREAT week of midweek runs. I have no idea why, nor do I anticipate this as one of the recurring sections. Just felt good, and actually ended all 3 runs with average miles under 9:00 minutes per. NICE!!! Working up to a 10+ mile run on Saturday morning, which should be interesting, since I have a "league of dorks" draft Friday night. For the unwashed masses, that's what one of my fave writers on ESPN.com says his wife calls his fantasy football league. I need someone there to be the designated "Tom, you REALLY want that much pizza?" person.

LISTENING TO: "Last Train Running" by Whiskey Falls. Good stuff, and a great way to begin my runs. I keep forgetting to flip my running mix OFF of the random setting, so this is the only song I KNOW I'll hear, since it's first in the queue. Sorry, but I just love Apple speak. "Queue"? Seriously, who talks that way?

MILES THIS WEEK: 12.32
NIKE MILES IN '08: 356.17. (They're called "Nike miles" because of a weird glitch with my Nike+ running system. On the mapping feature they provide, for example, a certain run is 3.3 miles, but my Nike+ tells me I run between 3.1 and 3.2. Also, since my pace, when presented in line graph form, looks a lot like an EKG, I probably can't calibrate it accurately.)

Until Saturday, and to whomever has found this dusty little corner of the interweb,

peace, love, happiness,
Tom
2T4:7

2 comments:

Little Bro said...

I don't know if my first comment went through but here it is again since I'm just vain like that.

I don't think you should be able to comment on K-O's (kinda fitting since he is going to knock out the Bears chances this year) facial hair since you have the facial hair of a cheesy villian in a Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoon. Granted you both now have more hair on your faces than I do on my head so who am I to judge.

Tom said...

Now that's just hurtful. I'm considering auctioning off the "faux-tee" to raise more money for Team Tyler. And I never liked Rocky & Bullwinkle, so that REALLY hurts.