Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Invitation

I invite you all to come along with me on the magic carpet ride that will be my training for the St. Jude Memphis Marathon on December 6, 2008.

I'm running this race in memory of a young man named Tyler McKinnon, a "Brother's Boy" who was also a patient at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital here in Memphis. Tyler lost a 2-year battle to cancer and went Home on July 18, 2008. My wife and I created Team Tyler as members of the St. Jude Heroes Program, which allows runners to raise money for the hospital and run distance races across the country. Connie (my wife) will be completing the half-marathon that same day.

If you want to support St. Jude, and Team Tyler, I'll be providing links in the days, weeks, and months to come. If you don't, feel free to comment / respond to these posts, which will track my pitiful attempts at preparing myself to run a distance that, for some, would include a pee break if they were driving it.

Remember, if you reply or comment, you are just encouraging me, and my family will quickly tell you that I need little encouragement, but a great number of reminders on the virtues of humility and peace.

peace, love, happiness,
Tom
2T4:7

No comments: